Velocomp Blue Tooth Speed Cadence Sensor

Velocomp Blue Tooth Speed Cadence Sensor

Postby Russ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:17 pm

Hi,
Decided to start a new thread for this device. I bit the apple (so to speak) and received an Apple ipad mini retina for Christmas. So I went looking for virtual trainer ride apps and wound up going for the cheapest I could find... the Cycleops Virtualtrainer app for 5.99 a month. Fortunately my Kurt Kenitics Road Machine was one of the supported trainers (a very short list of dumb trainers and a not much longer one for smart trainers) so I thought I was on the way but, OH Yeah, need a sensor.

Found iBike's 30$ deal on the combined speed and cadence sensor, ordered and installed. Well I have a story to tell.
Yes the sensor went on easily and the mini ipad found it fine. I tested this with the virtualtrainer app then 1/2 way through the 14 day free trial :-) The darned thing uploaded my hand cranked test session as a ride and established me with a very low 'ranking' the exact criteria for I have not yet found, looks like total ride time may be it.

Well that was a Saturday and my buddy cajoled me into an outside ride at 35F so I did not really kick into virtualtrainer gear until the next week. I rode six of seven days, amazed at how stimulating a little house like block on an elevation profile stretched below the video portion was to my competitive gene :-)

Here is the punch line, at the end of the week, I got listed in among the four award catagories! Along with the Climber of the week (48k feet) and calorie burner of the week (18k) - same guy - and of course the athlete of the week - again same guy. There I was for week 4 of 2014! RussG listed as the rank jumper of the week! :-)

Anyhow, the blue tooth sensor worked great but the invitation to write a review that came from Velocomp did not work, or perhaps I did not know how to work it. The link dumped me into the store with no obvious way to write the review. So I figured I would write it here :-)

Glad the weather is warming up... I will possibly achieve rank dropper of the week if it stays warm :lol:

Russ
(edit for a typo'd word that my wife caught )
Last edited by Russ on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russ

Re: Velocomp Blue Tooth Speed Cadence Sensor

Postby Velocomp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Great story!

I will post your review on our website.

Give the POWERHOUSE app a try on your iPad mini. You'll be able to do nice workouts on your indoor trainer, with Hunter Allen as your guide... Yes, it supports the KK Road Machine...
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Return to New Product Announcements