Trainer Road

For the latest blogs we invite you to visit ibikeblog.net for real-time updates of the latest iBike events.

Trainer Road

Postby Snipehunter007 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:11 pm

To All:
I am wanting to use TrainerRoad for my off-season training. Will the Newton pair-up with TrainerRoad program? The only thing I would require is a Wahoo ANT+ key for my iPhone. But before buying that key, I want to know if the Newton will work with the TR. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance.

Snipe
Snipehunter007

Re: Trainer Road

Postby Russ » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Along this line...
I just ordered a Tacx Bushido Smart trainer to supplant my Kurt Kenetics Road machine.
The Smart series of Tacx use the new standard ANT+ FEC protocol described (high level) here:
https://www.thisisant.com/news/ant-rele ... d-ic-bikes

I would love to have this protocol added to the trainer selection of the iBike so that I can easily
continue to collect my trainer data in iBike format (and display the data on the iBike while training).

Thanks,
Russ
Russ

Postby judah304 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:55 pm

I used my Newton today with trainer road. I ran zwift and trainer road together with two suunto ant+ USB on my PC. I would assume it would work fine with IOS.
judah304

Postby Snipehunter007 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:33 am

I've been using TrainerRoad now for a month with my Newton. To answer my own post, TrainerRoad uses the iBike speed/cadence sensors to calculate speed. I also use a Garmin HRM and it pairs with both the TR program and Newton. I use an Iphone4s with the Wahoo Ant+key and it works fine, most of the time. My iPhone lost sensing during a ride, but I simply continued the program using my Newton (in trainer mode) to monitor my power.
Snipehunter007

Postby Velocomp » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Very cool!
John Hamann
Velocomp
Velocomp CEO

Return to iBikeblog.net